For Immediate release. December 6. 2018
Landmark District Sets Sights on New Heights
Al Stober Conslruclion (ASC) is excited to announce a new office tower for the Landmark District. Landmark 7 will be the community"s signature tower at 23 Floors of Class A commercial office space.
Landmark 7 incorporates the important Kelowna values of live, work, play into the vision of this new building and the Landmark District as a whole - complimenting the neighbourhood with new jobs and services. as part of a conscientious urban plan.
ASC's newest project will also focus on drawing businesses that would typically invest in the Lower Mainland - bringing well-paying business and technology jobs to Kelowna. Once completed, ASC estimates that over 5,000 people will be employed in the Landmark District. A workforce of this size lends well lo making efficient transit solutions a viable possibility.
The new addition is inspired by its predecessor, Landmark 6, adding a fresh and modem component into the well established Landmark District community.
Designed by Stoke Tonne of Meiklejohn Architects Inc., Landmark 7 will be an Ultra-modem complement to the neighbourhood. Stand out features of this project will include;
- 224,000 square feet of commercial office/retail space.
- Retail shops and restaurants at street level to enhance the pedestrian experience of the Landmark District Market (opening spring 2019)
- A public outdoor plaza that will connect the project from Dickson Ave. to the Landmark District Market through to the Parkinson Recreation Centre pedestrian overpass.
- A second-floor state-of-the-art fitness centre.
- An 11,000 square foot events centre that will seat up lo 350 and will feature an outdoor entertainment deck and community gardens.
- Electric car charging stations, bike lockers, and a rideshare program.
"In order to meet the demand of projected growth of our business community and bring new jobs to Kelowna we are under a lot of pressure to get this project completed", said Bob Dagenais, Project Development Manager, Al Stober Construction Ltd.