JOBS AT LANDMARK CENTRE
Start Date: TBD
We have an exciting drafting technician opportunity with an established & progressive property management & construction company. We are seeking a qualified individual to join our tenant improvement commercial construction department. The ideal candidate must be proficiency in AutoCad & have a desire to develop their skills. The candidate must also be detail orientated, highly organized & motivated, able to work well independently with minimum supervision, work well under tight time constraints, and have excellent time management and communication skills.
This is a half time position with flexible hours, and a great opportunity to get established with a recognized, growing company!
Key Functions & Duties: (but not limited to…)
· Assists project manager/interior designer with multiple leasing department prospective inquiries. This includes providing accurate information on current floor plan utilization (usable & rentable square footages), Schedule A’s, and dimensions
· Utilizing skills to prepare drawings for leasing inquiries, building & planning documentation and converting design intent into technical drawings on new & existing construction.
· Prepares building permit & fire safety plans
· Applies for building permits & final inspections
· Develops layouts/plans/drawings for new & existing construction when required
· Adheres to ASC company standards, ethics & values
Job Type: Part-time
Scotia Wealth Management Start Date: Feb /2018
ScotiaMcLeod Kelowna has an immediate opening for a part time (30 hours per week) Administrative Associate supporting 2 well-established Advisors. The successful applicant must either be licensed as an Investment Representative with IIROC or willing to work towards licensing. They must be detail oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills and ability to multitask and work independently. The Administrative Associate’s primary focus is to assist an Advisor in the day to day trading and the administration of their business.
Patient Care and Marketing Coordinator
Lighthouse Chiropractic Start Date: Immediately
If you are enthusiastic and ready to change lives then we want to talk to you.
Lighthouse Chiropractic is a premiere wellness facility located in Landmark 4, Kelowna. We utilize corrective chiropractic care techniques which incorporate home care and regular assessments for our patients.
As a patient care coordinator, you work on our “front lines” and are in the enviable position of being in contact with our patients on a daily basis.
You are outgoing, intelligent and a team player. You embody our values and are passionate about communicating your knowledge of chiropractic and natural health to our community.
Our goal is to provide patients with the ability to make educated choices and decisions about their health. Our patients not only reach and exceed their health goals, they are a shining example of the excellence with which we serve them.
Although receptionist and administrative duties are an integral function of this position, this exciting career involves much more than most “front desk jobs”. There are no “receptionists” at Lighthouse Chiropractic, only enthusiastic patient advocates that work closely with our doctors to co-ordinate and orchestrate excellent patient care and client satisfaction.
You are part executive assistant, doctor’s assistant and patient advocate.
This particular position will also have you quarter backing our outreach programs and will be responsible for reaching families who are seeking quality chiropractic care.
Administratively, this position is responsible for the coordination of the entire clinic:
- Managing patient traffic and flow, patient accounts, appointment scheduling, collections
- Internal and external promotions and referral procedures
- New patient processing
- Notifying the doctor of patient issues/concerns
- Reviewing doctor’s care recommendations & financial plans with patients
- Reception and phone calls
- Of utmost importance is total schedule management for the entire team.
- Creativity and initiative in project and idea generation, calling referrals, creating promotional letters, assisting the doctors and marketing contractors with internal promotions and special events
- Attendance and assistance at talks (inside and outside the office) and other promotional events
- Weekly meetings/communication with the principle doctor to set direction and schedule/monitor programs
For the marketing portion of the position you will perform and oversee:
- Lighthouse social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, LinkedIn)
- Chamber of Commerce meetings and outreach opportunities through the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce
- Wellness at Work programs
- Corporate partnership programs
- Volunteer services such as our work with the Rotary Club of Kelowna, Salvation Army and various non profits such as the Okanagan Rail Trail Initiative.
The office is open the following hours (some splits are required):
Monday 6:30 -10:30 / 2:00 -6:00 (8 hours total)
Tuesday 9.00 – 6:00 (split shift 6 hours total)
Wednesday 6:30 -10:30 / 2:00 -6:00 (8 hours total)
Thursday 6:30 -10:30 / 2:00 -6:00 (8 hours total)
Friday 6:30 -10:30 / 2:00 -6:00 (8 hours total)
Saturday 8:30 – 12:30 (4 hours total)
The position will require 35-37 hours per week.
*Occasionally the office is involved in a community lecture or advanced talk (approximately 2 hours). These outside promotional activities are used to help educate the public, promote chiropractic and our office. They may occur on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. Team members are involved when it’s necessary. These events are planned in advance so you will have notice of any additional hours that are required.
Training is an integral part of learning, succeeding, and advancing in this position. In addition to the in-office weekly trainings there may be opportunity for “out of town” or “online learning” seminars during the year.
The position will require some home study along with continuing education as Lighthouse is a research based chiropractic office.
Lighthouse training will not only improve your job performance but your individual life as well as our training covers a wide array of topics that will help you advance in your position and demonstrate to our community world class service.
The patient care position is opening December 2017 for training with an official start date of January 2018 while the marketing position can start any time. We believe strongly in taking our time to find the right people for our team:)
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please hand deliver a copy of your resume to Lighthouse Chiropractic
Att: Dr. Graham Jenkins,
Patient Care and Outreach Coordinator Position
105-1628 Dickson Ave
Kelowna BC, V1Y9X1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Gelato Scooper / Barista
QB Gelato Start Date: Immediately
Gelato Scooper/Barista – Full-time
- 3-5 shifts a week – Morning to late afternoon
- Competitive wage
- Strong knowledge in making traditional coffee drinks a must
- Efficient – delivering high standards of service
- Highly organized and ability to work under pressure
- Outgoing personality
- Passion for people and the hospitality industry
- Willingness to go above and beyond to enhance guest experience
- Food Safe certificate a plus
BDO Canada LLP Start Date: 10/01/2017
BDO Canada is currently looking to bring on two (2) Senior Accountants to be part of our Kelowna and Penticton teams. The successful candidate will work within our Assurance & Accounting practice for a broad client base while working closely with the team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
– In conjunction with and under the supervision of a Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for completion of all aspects of the entire engagement and the on-the-job training of other team members.
– The successful candidate completes the analysis of the work related to Assurance & Accounting projects and engagements.
-Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises.
– Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to engagement.
– Plan and execute assurance engagement.
– Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members
– Responding to queries and correcting errors identified by Senior Accounting Technicians, Manager, Senior Manager, Associate or Partner
– Completion of additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
– Completion of post secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business
– Professional designation required (CA & CMA, CGA or CPA)
– Three or more years of relevant work experience
– This role will require the ability to work extra hours from time-to-time per business requirements
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Software Developer – Accuro
QHR Technologies Start Date: ASAP
We deliver a comprehensive suite of technologies to enable secure medical record management and office automation for clinical environments. Our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software Accuro®EMR has the largest adoption in Canada and serves thousands of practitioners and millions of patients. Healthcare professionals rely on us to meet stringent provincial requirements for billing, insurance and reporting, as well as interact and communicate with their peers and patients. As we continue to expand our integrations into patient and pharmacy workflows, we are looking for a talented Java developer to be part of our team and to help shape our next generation of products.
- You are enthusiastic about making a significant difference in the lives of your customers through your work.
- You are passionate about software development and take security seriously.
- You love building beautiful applications that are easy to understand and use.
- You care deeply about your code and couldn’t imagine writing software without TDD and Continuous Integration.
- You are a continual learner, love new ideas and have a natural curiosity to keep improving.
- You understand the value of timely releases to market, and know when not to budge on software quality.
- A degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise Java desktop or web applications.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- HL7 or FHIR specs
- SQL Server or other database systems
- RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
- Java Spring Boot
- OAuth 2.0 and JWT
- Building software in Healthcare
- Board/Card games
Client Service Analyst I
QHR Technologies Start Date: ASAP
Imagine yourself as part of one of the most dynamic companies in the healthcare technology industry today! QHR Technologies is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart, a Loblaw Company. QHR is leading the way in Canadian healthcare technology, by providing solutions to assist healthcare professionals enrich their practices and improve the quality of care delivered to all Canadians across the country. We are looking for talented, inspired, and motivated people to join our incredible team and experience a workplace culture that stands above the rest! Competitive salaries and generous perks are just a few of the reasons that QHR has been voted one of BC’s Top Employers and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing application support to our clients via email and phone support. The CSA I will also appropriately route general questions or concerns about sales opportunities, software licensing and user management. The position offers highly motivated self-starters, an opportunity to join a successful, dynamic company.
This position is a full time role.
- Provide a prompt and professional first contact response to customers requesting support services via telephone, email and internet in order to ensure that SLA requirements are met
- Prioritize incoming calls and email to ensure high priority customer issues are immediately addressed
- Ensure calls that cannot be resolved within ten minutes or less are escalated to an Analyst II
- Identify product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s concerns or issues, and taking appropriate action to record the issue in Salesforce CRM prior to escalation to Client Services Analysts II or III
- Respond to Completed Cases, informing Customer of Issue Resolution
- Respond to New User requests
- Respond to requests for new forms to be included in Accuro®
- Represent our parent company, QHR Technologies, with integrity and professionalism at our annual User’s Conference
- Attend, when appropriate, onsite training sessions and Go Live days to better understand the workflow of our Customers
- Additional tasks, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned from time to time
- Intermediate computing skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a service oriented position
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment
- Pleasant and professional demeanor on the telephone
- Completion of a MOA or MDOA program a definite asset
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 w.p.m. a definite asset
If you are interested in applying for this position please visit our website to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=QHRTECH&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_CA#
Female Associate Chiropractor
Lighthouse Chiropractic Start Date: To be determined
Lighthouse Chiropractic is seeking a Female Associate Chiropractor for our growing practice. Lighthouse is a premier Chiropractic Corrective Care office located in the prestigious Landmark Centre in Kelowna BC.
We are looking for a highly motivated female chiropractor to round out our practice. You will need a strong desire to build a prenatal and pediatric oriented practice.
Our primary technique is chiropractic biophysics with a heavy emphasis on family wellness care. We practice in a semi-open concept office and have a fully digital and technology driven operating system (digital x-ray, digital posture assessment, paperless EHR and an industry leading digital initial examination and re-examination experience).
In addition, our doctors are very involved in our community. We are active members in the local Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club. Both Dr. Jenkins and Dr. Adams lecture in private sector businesses, local school boards, The BC and Yukon Arthritis Society, our local HR professionals round tables, and many more organizations. We are “outliers” in the profession and attract team members that are dedicated to moving the chiropractic profession forward based on an ethical and scientific platform. We are passionate about the principles of chiropractic, and believe that if we do chiropractic right and assemble a great team, we can be the “go to” chiropractic office in the Okanagan Valley.
Please submit your application, accompanying CV and a brief explanation as to “why we should consider you” to firstname.lastname@example.org.